The idea of organizing a regular MUSON Festival grew out of a Mini Festival, the name given to three consecutive nights of varied concerts at the MUSON Centre, by visiting artistes from the Bolshoi Theartre of Moscow in January 1996. The success of that mini Festival led to the birth of the First MUSON Festival of Drama, Art and Dance in February 1997.
Its objectives were to:
* Serve as a platform for broadening the appeal of MUSON to the larger Nigerian Society;
* Further the society’s core objective of promoting the performance and enjoyment of serious music; and
Promote the arts in general towards the ultimate goals of:
* Enhancing the cultural development of the Nigerian people and society;
* Promoting inter-cultural relations with other nationalities and
* Broadening the cultural appeal of the Nigerian society to the international community.
|Start Date:||18 Oct 2012|
|End Date:||18 Oct 2012|
|Venue:||Muson Centre, Onikan, Lagos Island|
|Promoter:||The Musical Society of Nigeria|
Contact Phone: +234 1 897 5488, 08033275401